You can give to The Tom Joyner Foundation or any other 501(C) (3) organization in many different ways.
1. CASH GIFTS can be made on-line by credit card, by mailing in checks or by payroll deductions. The most common is a restricted one-time donation when the donor specifies that the funds are forwarded to a particular Historically Black College and University (HBCU) or the donation can be unrestricted. In this instance, all funds are placed into the Foundation’s General HBCU Fund and these funds are shared with HBCUs based on programming needs.
Cash gifts also may be made in the form of a pledge. As a donor, you commit to donate a certain amount within a certain period of time. A pledge may be restricted or unrestricted, and is usually completed within 12 months, unless otherwise agreed upon.
A popular gifting process is ANNUAL GIFTS. Individuals decide on making an ongoing donation, usually in monthly payroll deductions, via planning giving institutions such as United Way or the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) or a company employee giving system.
In all case, donors are encouraged to seek a matching gift where you can multiply the impact of your gift if your employer matches the funds you give MATCHING GIFTS information may be obtained from your company’s human resources department.
2. Individuals who own STOCKS, BONDS AND SECURITIES can gift them and reap the tax advantages.
3. IN-KIND GIFTS such as gifts of artwork, collectibles, and antiques also can be donated to the Foundation. Proceeds from the sale of these items would be added to the Foundation General Fund, unless restricted by the donor.
4. You may also make a PLANNED GIFT to The Tom Joyner Foundation by including us in your estate or will. This will allow you to continue a legacy of giving. You can choose to give all or just a portion of your net worth and give in conjunction with your planned gift to your heirs as well as other organizations such as your church or synagogue.
5. Finally, you might want to make a BLENDED GIFT, giving cash now and making a planned donation, alone or with other family members, friends, or other organizations.
If you would like to investigate an option for giving now or in the future, simply email us at email@example.com. We’d love to help celebrate you, and your legacy and show some HBCU Love at the same time!
A gift made to the Foundation may be $5.00 or $500,000. Every dollar helps us help keep scholars in America’s HBCUs.
The Tom Joyner Foundation is listed with the following donation tools: Combined Federal Campaign(CFC), Donor’s Choice, Network for Good, America’s Charities, United Way (selected cities), and Truist, Inc. (numerous corporations), as well as multiple corporate giving groups. Check with your employer to determine if a connection already exists and if they will match your donation.