Each year, we take a day to give thanks on Thanksgiving, we take a day to catch the best shopping deals on Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Now, there’s Giving Tuesday, a global day of giving back, the ultimate opportunity to pay it forward!
Join the movement! On Tuesday, November 27, 2018, people all over the world will give to the causes that they hold most dear to their hearts. On this international day of giving, the Tom Joyner Foundation will continue its nearly 20-year mission of raising money for Historically Black Colleges and Universities and their students. We hope you consider helping us help more students go to and stay in HBCUs.
On Giving Tuesday, our goal for the day is to raise scholarship funds through donations to help us do the following:
- Provide diverse academic opportunities for HBCU students to become global citizens
- Provide HBCU students scholarships and access to special programs to help them complete their college degrees
- Provide programming to expand knowledge of the arts
- Develop initiatives to strengthen HBCUs through capacity building and marketing
- Develop programs that strengthen ties between HBCUs and the communities where they are housed
Stand up for our HBCUs
Here at the Tom Joyner Foundation, our mission is to strengthen our country’s HBCU’s by raising funds to help keep students enrolled in school and on the path to success. Our supporters are making a direct impact on the lives of these students with their donations, which are used to build scholarships for students attending Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
This Giving Tuesday we ask that you join us in our mission in helping students pursue their dreams through education.
5 Fun Facts About the Tom Joyner Foundation:
1. Since our beginning in 1998 The Tom Joyner Foundation has provided support to EVERY HBCU to help keep scholars in school and preserve the legacies of these valuable institutions.
2. The Tom Joyner Foundation is the brainchild of syndicated radio host Tom Joyner, who is a HBCU Alumnus that attended Tuskegee University.
3. The Tom Joyner Foundation is a complete flow through agency, which means that 100% of your donations go to the HBCUs we support or the HBCU that you specify that you would like your donation to go toward. We don’t keep any of the funds raised for overhead cost, each dollar raised goes toward the mission of keeping scholars in school.
4. The Tom Joyner Foundation staff are HBCU Alums! They hail from Howard University, Tuskegee University, Hampton University, Stillman College, Oakwood University, and Spelman College. We are products of the cause we believe in and work toward every day.
5. Since 1998 with the help of supporters like you, we have raised over $65 Million to support more than 29,000 students. We couldn’t have done this without you!
Show some love for HBCUs by donating to support scholarships and programs on the campus. You can make a donation to any HBCU at the Tom Joyner Foundation website:
As we close out the year, now is a great time to make a donation and earn tax credit!