Updated: 9/12/2013 9:41 AM CST BY THE TOM JOYNER FOUNDATION
The Tom Joyner Foundation /Denny’s Hungry for Education Scholarship Program is awarding ten deserving students, each $2,500 scholarships to students who currently attend the following HBCUs:
- Allen University, Columbia, S.C.
- Benedict College, Columbia, S.C.
- Voorhees College, Denmark, S.C.
- Howard University, Washington, DC
- Florida A&M University, Tallahassee, Fla.
- Florida Memorial University, Miami, Fla.
- Paul Quinn College, Dallas, Texas
- Prairie View A&M University, Prairie View, Texas
- Texas Southern University, Houston, Texas
- Wiley College, Marshall, Texas
Learn more about the partnership and the selection criteria here HFE Fact Sheet.
We know how important it is for schools across the country to identify and remove barriers that prevent students from accessing the nutrition and higher educational opportunities they need in order to learn and succeed.
Currently, according to No Kid Hungry, 22% of U.S. children under age 18 live in poverty, struggling every day with hunger that holds them back from striving to do their best in school. That’s why we have partnered with Denny’s Hungry for Education campaign along with selected partner organizations to award over $50,000 in scholarships and special incentives to high school and college students for their innovative ideas on childhood hunger.
Apply online at http://www.dennyshungryforeducation.com. Application deadline: October 31, 2013.
Click here HFE How-to-Apply for a guide on how to apply for the Tom Joyner Foundation /Denny’s Hungry for Education Scholarship.
If there are any questions, please email us at email@example.com.