Job Title: College Relations Assistant (Part-time, Temporary)
Job Category: Contract Labor/Temp
City/Region: Greater Dallas
The College Relations Assistant will work to enhance social media presence, connections and visits to the Tom Joyner Foundation website. This is a 4-month assignment and the position is responsible for implementing processes to best promote the mission of the Tom Joyner Foundation to maximize social awareness for Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs).
• Develop social media campaigns for HBCUs selected for the Tom Joyner Foundation School of the Month program
• Create engaging daily updates for various social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr and LinkedIn
• Collect and provide copy for the monthly newsletter sent via Constant Contact
• Assist the Manager of College Relations Planning and Partnerships with direct mail campaigns for a variety of initiatives using a database of 10,000 contacts
• Provide technical website maintenance for tomj2.wpengine.com
• Coordinate and plan special events to help raise funds for HBCUs
• Assist with additional duties as assigned
Requirements & Education:
• Work a minimum of 25-30 hours per week
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, or equivalent work experience
• Advanced social media proficiency with expertise in Facebook and Twitter
• Excellent communication (written and oral), organizational, and interpersonal skills
• Comprehensive computer knowledge and ability to efficiently use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, WordPress and tools necessary for social media management.
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment while remaining calm and flexible.
• Must be a team player
Candidates possessing the required professional experience & background who desire to work in a dynamic, challenging, fast paced & vibrant work environment should submit their resume along with references via email to:
The Tom Joyner Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
NO CALLS – NO AGENCIES