*THE APPLICATION PERIOD FOR THE DARK AND LOVELY SCHOLARSHIP HAS ENDED.*
Young Women With Purpose (YWWP) Project with:
Clark Atlanta University
Florida A&M University
North Carolina A&T State University
Savannah State University
Tennessee State University
University of Maryland Eastern Shore
FACT SHEET 2018-2019
The Tom Joyner Foundation and Dark and Lovely ® will continue to work together on the YWWP Project. The scholarship and internship arrangement only applies to the institutions listed above.
Applications will be accepted August 20 – September 14, 2018.
Winners will be named by October 5, 2018.
From October 5-15, 2018, winners engage in mentorship with assigned SoftSheen staff. SoftSheen will also conduct tours at targeted schools from those listed above. YWWP winners will be notified of opportunities for involvement during these tours.
Based on participation and mentor recommendations, five (5) participants will be awarded $2,000 scholarships for the 2019-2020 school year.
These five will earn an all-expense paid weekend learning experience in New York City, New York on October 19, 2018 and compete for a Summer 2019 internship with L’Oreal.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE AND HOW DOES IT WORK?
Open to all young ladies on the junior level at these HBCUs. Students must be enrolled full time and be in good academic standing (2.75 GPA or better) with their HBCU.
To apply, students must complete the online application below and provide all requested information. A biography and photo will be required if selected.
To complete the process:
- Complete the application below.
- Verify the information, including the required essay.
- Press SUBMIT.
HERE’S A STEP-BY-STEP OUTLINE OF HOW YOU CAN HELP GET YOUR STUDENTS ENGAGED:
- Email or provide a hard copy of this information to applicable and qualified students.
- Share information about this program on your campus or department Facebook pages and/or via Twitter.
- Forward information to the leadership of your student organizations.
- Promote the program in your campus newspaper, campus radio and TV stations.
- Follow Tom Joyner Foundation on social media (Facebook and Twitter)
- Application Deadline: Sept. 14, 2018 Need more information? Have questions? Contact: Loraine.Lee@tomjoynerfoundation.org