[Dallas,TX – December 3rd]
1. Create a master to-do list and a schedule for the remaining days in the semester
2. Answer questions you didn’t know the first time. If the exam is cumulative and you struggled to master any material, return to it.
3. Review your notes daily
4. Take short breaks. Your brain can process a limited amount of information and benefits from some rest.
5. Stay healthy. Get some sleep and avoid caffeine. Seriously – your brain with thank you
6. Explain it aloud. Go into an empty classroom and pretend to teach the material to someone. Using your own words helps you assess your comprehension, which ultimately aids your memory.
7. Quiz yourself. Cover up your notes and try to explain them. Create flashcards. If you find yourself struggling to remember, try different techniques to learn the material.
8. Identify examples or illustrations that embody the concept and demonstrate ways you will utilize the information.
9. Attempt to answer the questions at the end of the chapter in your textbook.
10. Over learn the material. When you think you are finished, keep going.