Continuing with our celebration of Women’s History Month, today we highlight Sheila Johnson.
A few fun facts about Sheila:
- Co-founder of Black Entertainment Television (BET)
- First African American woman to reach a net worth of one billion dollars.
- President of WNBA’s Washington Mystics.
- First African American woman to be a partner or owner in three different sports franchises. The Washington Wizards, The Washington Mystics, and Washington Capitols.
- CEO of Salamander luxury Hotels and Resorts.
- Was appointed by President Obama to the Committee on the Arts and Humanities,
- Quote to live by “When I instinctively feel it is the right move to make, I do it,”