TJF/ Job Corps Program Administrator (Full Time)
JC-2Y-4Y-WORK- – is a newly formed education, enrichment, and recreation program serving targeted Job Corps (JC) participant with the greatest potential for the collegiate experience and higher education completion. JC-2Y-4Y-WORK Program provides an environment conducive for Job Corps participant to enjoy and successfully complete college and enter the workforce with competency and support to be self-sustaining. Established in 2016, JC-2Y-4Y-WORK is a partnership including Job Corps, The Tom Joyner Foundation (TJF), participating college/universities and the private sector.
Position Focus: The Program Administrator (PA) is the leader of the site-based teams with the JC-2Y-4Y-WORK program. The PA has two campus coordinators who facilitate related activities and report back. Together, the team is responsible for maintaining the infrastructure that supports the Job Corps student participants from the last two years in JC, through complete of college and the first two years of workforce experiences. The PA is also directly responsible for all aspects of JC student participation that takes place on the campus. Mobility and the ability to drive are required.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills
Masters degree plus six to eight years of High School collegiate teaching/work experience M.A in Education, Counseling
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field with eight to ten years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
1: Superb writing and editorial skills with the ability to assist with design and creation of print and web-based materials
2. Ability to think both strategically and creatively, take initiative, and anticipate actions needed. Ability to regularly exercise discretion, use independent judgment, and be a team player
3: Excellent attention to detail with the ability to conceptualize steps involved in implementing programs and events as well as seeing the bigger picture
4: Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Excel or databases
5: Excellent interpersonal skills, proven ability to relate to people inside and outside of education arena, including the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, faculty, graduate students and undergraduates through the design and implementation of the program.
Description of Duties
In support of the overall mission, plans, directs and oversees programmatic activities
To supervise and support JC-2Y-4Y-WORK site staff on their campus under direct supervision of the Traveling Program Supervisor
To assist staff in embedding the vision, mission & philosophy of JC-2Y-4Y-WORKinto the daily implementation practices at the site
To assist in the recruitment, selection and hiring process for site staff
To ensure that staff understand and comply with all LA’s BEST/LAUSD policies and procedures
To conduct annual performance reflections around successes and areas for improvement with site staff.
To ensure that all staff understand and are able to execute site-based emergency safety procedures.
2. Develops, implements, and maintains operational policies and procedures
3. Manages program communications; identifies outreach potential, and promotes philanthropic and collaborative support of the program
4. Works closely with leadership, internal and external colleagues, and community residents to further develop and implement strategic plans
5. Identifies, solicits, and cultivates community partnerships and collaborations to assist in the development and growth of the program
6. Tracks all program activities and regularly informs leadership of progress on each initiative. Recommends structural or programmatic adjustments, changes or additions based on full knowledge of missions, goals, and objectives. Develops metrics to identify and measure the success of the program
7. Assists in identifying and evaluating potential future funding sources, and contributes to the submission of grants and contracts supporting the program, including the annual submission and writing of all content areas and budgetary sections of grant applications
8. Assists with the development and management of the program’s operating budget
9. Manages the administrative infrastructure of the program, manages human resources including supervision, performance development, counseling and discipline, if warranted
10. Oversees and manages information systems, facilities, and space needs
11. To manage the site budget including personnel payroll and supply purchase
12. To be flexible and maintain a sense of humor
13. May perform other duties as assigned.
Available to work 9:00-6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Eligible to accept fingerprinting and criminal record check
Willing to work evenings and weekends (on occasion).
Willing to travel to between JC and collegiate sites trainings and events.
Possess a valid driver’s license and insurance
Minimum 8-10 years
This position reports to the TJF Director of College Relations and will be based in Dallas, Texas but requires travel to the Austin, Texas and Jackson, Mississippi areas.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by personnel assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Additional duties and responsibilities, that are not inconsistent with the general nature of the position, may be assigned by the President as needed.
Candidates possessing the required professional experience & background should submit their resume along with references via email to:
Application deadline : 2/17/2017
The Tom Joyner Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.