MANAGER OF DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS
The Manager of Digital Communications will manage and support the social media and web fundraising initiatives of the Tom Joyner Foundation and designated partners.
Position will be responsible for creating, implementing, and managing processes to raise funds for the Tom Joyner Foundation and its established programs. Additionally, the position’s responsibilities include strategizing, enhancing, and assistance with the Tom Joyner Foundation’s communication through social media, electronic communication, TomJoynerFoundation.org, and other internet websites.
• Develop, implement, and execute successful strategy to convert Followers of the Tom Joyner Foundation’s social media properties into one-time and/or recurring Tom Joyner Foundation donors.
• Develop and implement fundraising campaigns for the programs and overall sustainability of the Tom Joyner Foundation.
• Integrate stories and messaging across multiple online platforms, including (but not limited to) Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Instagram.
• Integrate and leverage messaging with other Tom Joyner social media platforms.
• Research, develop and write fundraising appeals.
• Work with Foundation HBCU college support team and HBCUs to develop campaigns.
• Work with and assist the Director of Digital Strategy to expand online community using all platforms.
• Maintain correspondence with current and potential donors on a regular basis.
• Develop strategies to identify and cultivate potential donors on a regular basis.
• Research and identify new and/or additional social media platforms for the Foundation to engage in.
• Assist with management of contact databases.• Maintain up-to-date general knowledge of the social media trends, practices, and popular platforms among HBCU alumni and students.
• Maintain up-to-date general knowledge of the social media trends, practices, and popular platforms among non-profits, including but not limited to 501c3 entities.
• Act as a liaison, when needed, between the Foundation, HBCUs, and REACH Media to cultivate synergies, projects, and partnerships.
• Provide assistance on the Fantastic Voyage cruise in support Foundation events and partnerships when needed.
• Arranging for the filming and editing of TJF promotional videos.
• Coordinate with other departments of the Foundation as needed.
Requirements & Education:
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field.
• Minimum of 2 – 4 years of experience in social media communications.
• Strong knowledge of internet and social media opportunities to enhance the Foundation’s fundraising efforts.
• Strong knowledge of using databases and database marketing techniques.
• Advanced social media proficiency.
• Advanced proficiency in video and photo editing software for PC and/or MAC.
• Proven track record of producing exceptional video projects.
• Advanced proficiency in Search Engine Optimization identification and usage.
• Strong knowledge of the Tom Joyner Foundation and Tom Joyner brand.
• Knowledge of the 501c3 structure.
• Strong familiarity of HBCU’s in general.
• Excellent communication (written and oral) skills.
• Organizational and interpersonal skills including the ability to interface with all levels of employees.
• Proven track record with maintaining and enhancing donor base for the total benefit of the Foundation while understanding the branding of Tom Joyner.
• Comprehensive computer knowledge and ability to efficiently use Microsoft Word, Excel, Word Press or similar CMS and other tools necessary to make the Tom Joyner Foundation an efficient and professional operation.
• Ability to meet deadlines & take on special projects.
• Solid project management skills.
• Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment while remaining calm and flexible.
• Ability to work after standard business hours and/or weekends, if needed.
• Must be a quick learner, problem solver, an independent worker and the ability to prioritize workload(s).
• Must be a team player
Competitive salary & benefits package
Position Availability: As soon as possible
Candidates possessing the required professional experience & background who desire to work in a dynamic, challenging, fast paced & vibrant work environment should submit their resume along with salary history, references and work samples via email to: HR@tomjoynerfoundation.org
The Tom Joyner Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
NO CALLS – NO AGENCIES