Our October school of the month Delaware State University kicks off its 125th Founder’s Day celebration with NASCAR, opening the races over the weekend with the DSU’s band,The Approaching Storm. With over 51 undergraduate degrees and 25 graduate degrees, DSU is a global leader in educational excellence. In honor of Founder’s day, we want you to join the campaign and help us raise scholar dollars for students in need at Delaware State University.
Below are a few unique facts about DSU’s rich history.
Since its founding in 1891 as the State College for Colored Students, Delaware State University has:
- Grown from a dozen students in its first year to a diverse campus of 4,500-plus today.
- Increased its offerings from five bachelor’s degree options to a wide array of undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
- Operated two secondary schools on campus – from the 1920s-1952, the second high school for black youths in Delaware, and today, the Early College High School.
- Benefited from the leadership of 10 presidents, including Dr. Jerome Holland, who navigated the institution through instability in the 1950s with the promise of future prosperity, and it continues today with President Harry L. Williams.
- Become an active member of the scientific, solution-seeking research community, with $25 million in federal research grants since 2010 and the opening of the state-of-the-art Optical Science Center for Applied Research (OSCAR) Building last year.
- Expanded its presence abroad with institutional partnerships in China, Ghana, South Korea, South Africa, Vietnam and more.
- Earned recognition as the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities’ 1890 University of the Year twice in recent years.
- Focused on academics and innovation in achieving student success, most recently with the support of a $1.2 million Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation grant.
Show your support for the campaign by giving, $12.50 or $125.00 or choose a recurring donation as a show of support. Remember all donations are tax deductible, and we’ll cover the PayPal fees so 100% of your donation goes to Delaware State University.
You may contribute to the campaign in several ways. Click on any of the buttons below. You may want to consider a recurring payment.
[donate_button button_type=”custom” title=”Delaware State ” donation_amount=”$125.00″ style=”wdf-basic”]
[donate_button button_type=”custom” title=”Delaware State” donation_amount=”$12.50″ style=”wdf-basic”]
[donate_button button_type=”custom” title=”Delaware State – Any Amount” style=”wdf-basic”]