Marketing & Research Internship Summer 2018
The Marketing & Research intern will assist in marketing and research projects for the Tom Joyner Foundation to create awareness for Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs).
1. Assist with identification and management of keywords and SEO.
2. Create social media and website content as directed by TJF’s Director of Digital Strategy.
3. Assist with identification and outreach of strategic social media influencers.
4. Develop strategies to increase college student social media engagement.
5. Assist Director of Digital Strategy with management of social media calendar.
6. Update TJF user databases as directed by Director of Digital Strategy.
7. Compose and publish blogs as directed by Director of Digital Strategy.
8. Additional duties as requested by President/CEO.
Requirements & Education:
- Intern must reside in Dallas or Tarrant County for the duration of the internship.
- Must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate student.
- Required to commit to working 20 hours per week.
- Student should be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field.
- Advanced social media proficiency with expertise in Facebook ,Twitter, Instagram.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent communication (written and oral), organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Comprehensive computer knowledge and ability to efficiently use Microsoft Word, Microsoft Works, Excel, PowerPoint, and tools necessary for social media management.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment while remaining calm and flexible.
- Must be a team player.
This is an unpaid internship.
Position Availability: Internship duration is June 4, 2018 – August 10,2018.
Candidates possessing the required professional experience & background who desire to work in a dynamic, challenging, fast paced & vibrant work environment should submit their resume along with references via email to:
The Tom Joyner Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
NO CALLS – NO AGENCIES