Marketing & Research Internship Summer 2019
The Marketing & Research intern will assist in marketing and research projects for the Tom Joyner Foundation to create awareness for Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs).
- Assist with identification and management of keywords and SEO.
- Create social media and website content, website pages, graphics, and fliers as directed by TJF’s Director of College Relations.
- Assist with identification and outreach of strategic social media influencers.
- Develop strategies to increase college student social media engagement.
- Assist TJF Digital team with management of social media calendar.
Requirements & Education:
- Intern must reside in Dallas or Tarrant County for the duration of the internship.
- Must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate student.
- Required to commit to working 20 hours per week.
- Student should be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field.
- Advanced social media proficiency with expertise in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent communication (written and oral), organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Comprehensive computer knowledge and ability to efficiently use Microsoft Word, Microsoft Works, Excel, PowerPoint, and tools necessary for social media management.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment while remaining calm and flexible.
- Must be a team player.
This is an unpaid volunteer internship.
Position Availability: Internship duration is June 10, 2019 – August 2, 2019.
Candidates possessing the required professional experience & background who desire to work in a dynamic, challenging, fast-paced & vibrant work environment should submit their resume along with references via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15, 2019 11:59 pm.
The Tom Joyner Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.