Marketing & Research Internship
If you have your finger on the pulse of college life and HBCUs and are ready to learn skills to take with you into your professional career, then we’re looking for you! The Tom Joyner Foundation is seeking for energetic, socially-savvy team players to join our internship program during the summer of 2018 in Dallas, Texas.
The Marketing and Social Media intern will work to strategically increase social media presence, connections and visits to the Tom Joyner Foundation website. This position will be responsible for implementing processes to best promote the mission of the Tom Joyner Foundation to create social awareness for Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs).
- Build HBCU Influencer Partnerships
- Build high school social media followers
- Build high school counselor database
- Build social media calendar and website content
- Develop a marketing campaign for sponsors and events
- Maintain and update Tom Joyner Foundation social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn.
- Provide technical website maintenance for tomjoynerfoundation.org.
- Create and manage contact databases.
- Assist the Manager of College Relations Planning and Partnerships with direct mail campaigns for a variety of initiatives.
- Provide clerical support and filing as needed.
- Assist with additional duties as assigned.
Requirements & Education:
- Must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate student.
- Required to commit to working 20 hours per week
- Student should be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field.
- Advanced social media proficiency with expertise in Facebook ,Twitter, Instagram
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent communication (written and oral), organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Comprehensive computer knowledge and ability to efficiently use Microsoft Word, Microsoft Works, Excel, PowerPoint, and tools necessary for social media management.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment while remaining calm and flexible.
- Must be a team player
This is an unpaid internship.
Position Availability: Summer Internship
THIS POSITION IS FOR DALLAS-BASED CANDIDATES. No housing compensation is available.
Interviewing candidates as soon as possible
Candidates possessing the required professional experience & background who desire to work in a dynamic, challenging, fast paced & vibrant work environment should submit their resume along with references via email to:
The Tom Joyner Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
NO CALLS – NO AGENCIES