The Tom Joyner Foundation is committed to sharing all that is good about HBCUs. Art is a facet with a history that belongs to HBCUs and crosses all education and daily disciplines. There is creativity in all of us and this scholarship will encourage sculptures, paintings, drawings, and photography to be submitted. The program is open to all HBCU students attending a Tom Joyner Foundation supported school with no limitations on majors.
It is our goal to continue the legacy of the right to be creative and expressing one’s visual qualities.
The Tom Joyner Foundation has announced the 2017 TJF Fine Arts Scholarship Program. Three (3) deserving students from Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) will receive a scholarship from the Tom Joyner Foundation. The scholarship awards are as follows:
1st place – $2,000
2nd place – $1,500
3rd place – $1,000
• The winners will be displayed online in the TJF Art Gallery.
• Funds will be awarded for the 2018 spring semester.
• The program starts on July 17, 2017.
• The program ends December 8, 2017.
• Celebrity artists will be a part of the judging team.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE AND HOW DOES IT WORK?
• Open to all HBCU students attending a TJF-supported institution.
Click here for a list of the supported institutions.
• Students must be enrolled full time and be in good academic standing with their HBCU.
To apply, students must submit a piece on, “Hidden Treasures by Any Means Necessary through Art”.
The sample must include the name of piece, inspiration behind the work, and if a painting or sketch, the medium.
To submit your entry, complete the form below.
HERE’S A STEP-BY-STEP OUTLINE OF HOW YOU CAN HELP SPREAD THE WORD:
1. Email this information to students.
2. Share information about this program on your Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram page.
3. Forward information to the Fine Arts Deans.
4. Promote the program in your campus newspaper, campus radio and TV stations.
5. Find additional information on TomJoynerFoundation.org.
6. Follow Tom Joyner Foundation on social media (Facebook , Twitter, and Instagram)
Need more information? Have questions?